This 2014 we have lost a lot of celebrities. We have mourned and commemorated their lives with their love ones. Before the year ends let us remember these celebrities once more and learn about some of the things you didn’t know about them.
Clifford the big red dog has always been a huge part of my childhood and the writer of Clifford Norman Bridwell will surely be missed.
- He died at the age of 86.
- Norman’s Clifford books have sold in 13 languages.
- Clifford the Big Red Dog is soon coming to theaters.
- Norman was rejected by multiple publishing companies before Scholastic issued the series.
- Norman Bridwell has sold millions of copies of the Clifford book series.
- Emily Elizabeth one of the main characters in the book is named after Norman’sdaughter.
Poly Bergen was an Academy Award winner and a true Hollywood icon. Polly Bergen’s acting career lasted for over 6 decades.
- Died at the age of 84.
- Was nominated for an Emmy 4 times and won once.
- She was nominated for outstanding guest actress for her stint in Desperate Housewives.
Oscar de la Renta
A true fashion Icon, Oscar de la Renta revolutionized the fashion industry. His passing was mourned by the whole industry but his legacy will live on through his creations and Fashion Empire.
- Died at the age of 82
- His creations were a favorite of all the first ladies.
- He dressed all the first ladies starting from Jackie Kennedy.
- Was an only son
Joan Rivers is one of the first female comedians to make it big in Hollywood. She died at the age of 81 due to a cardiac arrest.
- Started out as a stand-up comedian.
- Was an inspiration to comedians like Chelsea Handler, Kathy Griffin and Sarah Silverman
- Started her own talk show that aired the same time as the Tonight Show with Carson.
- Husband/ manager Edgar Rosenburg committed suicide.
Lead singer of the rock band Survivor. He died at the age of 63.
- He replaced original lead singer Dave Bickler.
- Jimi joined Survivor after their Number 1 hit “Eye of the Tiger” was recorded.
- Jimi sang Baywatch theme song “I’m Always Here”
Tommy Ramone was the drummer of the punk rock group The Ramones. He died battling cancer.
- Was the last living original member of The Ramones.
- He was one of the bands composers.Ramone was reportedly battling cancer when he died.
- Played as part of the due Uncle Monk before his death.
A sad end, to a beautiful life. Robin Williams will always be known as one of the greatest comedians of this generation. He’s a tragic loss to the industry and the world. Robin committed suicide at the age of 63.
- Before he became an actor, to make money he performed as a mime at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
- He loved gaming so much that he named his daughter Zelda
- Robin was he first male cheerleader of the Denver Broncos.
- Was close friends with Christopher Reeve.
Disney wanted Robin to play genie in Aladdin that they recorded an animation with his voice to convince him to take the project.