Here are 8 body hacks that you really should know right now. Try at least one of them and let us know if it works for you.
1. If you are in a crowded are or in the middle of a party and you are having trouble hearing someone, make use of your right ear.
Right ear is better in picking up rapid speech while the left ear is better at picking up sounds and music.
2. You can clear a stuffed nose or relieve sinus pressure by pushing your tongue against the roof of your mouth and then press a finger between your eyebrows.
This causes the vomer bone to rock, which loosens your congestion and clears you up. After 20 seconds, you’ll feel your sinuses start to drain.
3. If you are feeling full after a big meal and you are going to sleep already, make sure to lay on your left side.
At this sleeping position, it will keep you from suffering from acid reflux. This position, your stomach is lower than your esophagus which help keep stomach acid from sliding up your throat.
4.If you consumed a great amount of liquor and the world starts spinning around from your point of view, put your hand on something stable.
Alcohol dilutes the blood in the part of your ear called the cupula, which regulates balance. This is the reason why after drinking lots of liquor, you will feel really dizzy. Putting your hand on something stable gives your brain another reference point. It gives the brain a second opinion thus making you feel in balance. The nerves in the hand are sensitive thus making this kind of body hack more effective than conventional foot on the floor wisdom.
5. If you are feeling nervous for whatever reason, you can calm your self down by blowing on your thumb!
The thumb has a pulse of its own. Blowing your thumb will calm it down and eventually, it will calm your heart too!
6. Brain freeze? We got a hack for it too! Whenever you feel like your brain is freezing, try this.
Press your tongue flat against the roof of your mouth and cover as much surface area as possible. Brain freeze occurs because the nerves in the roof of mouth get extremely cold when you are consuming, eating or even drinking ice cold foods/drinks. When this happens, your brain thinks that your whole body is cold. It compensates by overheating which causes your head to hurt. By doing the hack above, you will chill your brain and feel better.
7. Wanting to loose weight? This one is right for you! Always drink a glass of water before eating.
Staying hydrated before a meal can prevent you from overeating. This is a time tested method.
8. Itchy throat? Here’s a solution! SCRATCH YOUR EAR!
When the nerves in the ear get stimulated, they create a reflex in the throat thus causes a muscle spams which cures the itch.
9. The next time your doctor is going to give you an injection, cough as the needle is going through.
Coughing causes a sudden but temporary rise in pressure at your chest. It inhibits the pain conducting work of the spinal cord that leads to pain free injections.